Re: the state of the concurrency branch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: the state of the concurrency branch
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 14:51:31 +0300

The MS-Windows build of the concurrency branch should now build and
support threads now.  It should also build and work with pthreads, if
they are detected at configure time, although I didn't test that.

The resulting binary seems to pass the tests in
test/automated/threads.el.  There's some weird problem with the
"simple test of threads and let bindings" test: it succeeds the first
time, but if I run it twice, the second time crashes.  The crash is
not easy to interpret (the call stack is smashed), but it looks like
some error inside the call to longjmp by the main thread, while the
other thread is waiting for the global lock after it completed the
thread-yield call.  Any ideas?