Re: Rename `eww' to `web'

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: Rename `eww' to `web'
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 07:30:25 +0800

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 4:30 AM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>     I already have an HTTP client called web.
>
>     So it would be a little unfair to just pinch the name?
>
> Making things easy for users must take priority.

Well, we can do many things that can make (most) users easy.  For
example:

* Turn on cua-mode by default
* Add a "redo" command
* Change the terminology of “kill” to “cut”, and “yank” to “paste”
* Switch the terminology of “window” and “frame”
* Change the terminology of “car” to “first”, and “cdr” to “rest”

But we can't, since many of them will break existing users'
configuration.  Although eww doesn't have this problem, I think we
should think twice before "making things easy for users".

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/