Fallback mode for image magick?

From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer
Subject: Fallback mode for image magick?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:05:13 +0200

Hello!

Org mode uses the compiled-in image-magick support for scaling in-buffer images. Sadly, this feature doesn't work with the (precompiled) Windows version of emacs.

Is there some fallback solution available to get image-scaling through convert.exe instead transparently faking the imagemagick-magick support to emacs lisp code?

If not, can someone give me a pointer as to what functions and variables I'd have to overwrite/supply in order to write such a fallback solution (in emacs lisp)? I fear that by looking up the code I might end up with a perfectly working `create-image` function, but modes ignoring it because they check for some other variable or function.

kind regards, Klaus-Dieter Bauer