Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:29:38 +0200

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
This is basically the same patch as before, only slightly more
polished. It's surprisingly functional for its tiny size.
[...]
All in all, the patch is small and non-intrusive. Perhaps I could
install it (with desktop-save-windows defaulting to nil) so people
could experiment and say what works and what doesn't. That would be
particularly useful from people who use multi-frame setups (Stefan and
Drew come to mind).

Comments?

I have just bootstrapped Emacs r.113205 and it *does not* restore anything... :-( only a single frame and a single window...

Instead your original patch,

Yes. That's 10 minutes of coding and even less testing. Obviously
there are many things lacking. I'll come up with something better
ASAP, I hope.

worked just fine.. it restored all windows of previous session..

So what am I missing? In .emacs.d/init.el I have desktop-save true.. what else I need?

BTW, C-h f desktop-save-wi TAB completes in desktop--save-windows, with two hyphen between "desktop" and "save"..

TIA,
 Angelo.