Re: call for more ert tests

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: call for more ert tests
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:20:06 +0200

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 20:55:28 +0200
> From: Sebastian Wiesner <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> 2013/6/24 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:
> >> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 20:33:41 +0200
> >> From: Sebastian Wiesner <address@hidden>
> >> Cc: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>, address@hidden

> >> Then this is probably a good policy, isn't it?
> >
> > Which policy?
>
> Well, requiring tests for new features or fixed bugs, and confirmation
> that there are no regressions from the existing tests.

I believe it's good, obviously.  The problem is with introducing it
without losing too many contributors.

Perhaps people will be more willing to write tests when fixing bugs because then you will nearly immediately see the benefit of it. (Both for writing the bug fix and assuring that other people do not break it again.)