Re: Missing texinfo manual

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Missing texinfo manual
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 21:35:50 +0200

Glenn Morris writes:

> [...]
>> In the meantime, where is the file upstream?
>
> I guess
>
> http://cedet.bzr.sourceforge.net/bzr/cedet/code/trunk/files/head%3A/doc/texi/semantic/

Yes. CEDET 2.0 is the version that ships with Emacs 24.3. There's no
separate release.

We're not actually sure if it makes sense to further release stand-alone
versions of CEDET. It would sure be nice to have them, but it's quite
some work and at least I think there are more important things to
do. People who don't want to upgrade their Emacs but still want an
up-to-date CEDET should simply use the version from bzr, which is
usually fairly stable.

Regarding merging the grammar-fw manual into the Semantic manual, I'd
like to hear Eric's opinion first, but he's currently busy.

-David