reveal-filename

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: reveal-filename
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 17:28:30 -0400

Could we find some other name for this function?

Either we treat it as some "internal auxiliary" function used to build
Emacs, in which case it should have a more discreet name, maybe starting
with "internal-" or some such thingy that makes it clear noone else will
want to use it.

Or we treat it as a "full blown citizen", but then we should more
clearly explain what it is supposed to do, since "Produce the real file
name for FILE" isn't sufficiently descriptive to decide when it's buggy
and when it's not.

        Stefan