Re: Emacs 24.3 windows binaries are available

From: chad
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.3 windows binaries are available
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 02:25:14 -0700

On 18 Mar 2013, at 01:05, Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:28:26 -0700
> chad <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Sadly, the 2.5 free dropbox-alikes I know about have all gone nowhere
>> in the past couple years.
>
> It seems that Seafile[1] and SparkleShare[2] are GPLv3 licensed.
> (Although their source code are hosted on github.)

Sparkleshare is heavily leveraged on git, which is interesting, but
it probably doesn't help this use case (posting emacs canary builds
for public download) at all, since it's self-hosted. Seafile might also
have this property - I wasn't entirely clear from my quick reading if
they had a non-self-hosted free-as-in-beer option.

> BTW what does "2.5" mean?

Two and a half projects; I was speaking too loosely.  Sorry about
that.

Most of the projects I knew about where more interested in improving
dropbox's (basically terrible) security model, and were interested in
SUNDR.

        http://cs.nyu.edu/web/Research/TechReports/TR2003-841/TR2003-841.pdf

Searching for recent references turns up an archive of a very similar
conversation on this list last May.  Sorry to be repetitive. :-)

~Chad