Re: Emacs 24.3 windows binaries are available

From: Miguel Ruiz
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.3 windows binaries are available
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 10:25:40 +0100

Hi Uwe and Eli.

I do not know well enough what version of the compiler and the libraries are the officially accepted.

In my private builds I tend to use the most updated stable version I can find, the same with the compiler.

So, for future reference to the list, please, could you specify:

1) - Preferred compiler version?

2) - With/without libxml2 included? AFAIK  In Emacs 24.2 official windows binaries, libxml2 was left out. ( http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-09/msg00304.html )

3) - Should every dependent library be recompiled with the chosen version of the compiler, or left as is distributed?

4) - Different configure options?

From your last post, I will asume GnuTLS 3.0.9 and libxml2 2.7.8 included, but I would like answers/discussion of 1), 3) and 4).

I have no problems in making another build with the official specifications.

Miguel.