Re: emacs key bindings reserved for the user C-c [a-zA-Z]

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: emacs key bindings reserved for the user C-c [a-zA-Z]
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 18:08:17 -0400

Ali Tofigh wrote:

> 1) How long has this convention been in place and when where the major
>    modes changed accordingly?

So very, very long ago as to make this a very odd question.

The oldest version of tips.texi in the CVS dates from 1994:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/lispref/tips.texi?hideattic=0&revision=1.1&root=emacs&view=markup

and it has a version of that statement.

> 2) To what extent do packages actually abide by this convention (at
>    least the ones that are actively being supported/developed)?

Well I haven't checked every Emacs package in use, but if you find any
not doing it, report it as a bug to whoever maintains it.