Re: replacing process sentinels and filters with hooks

From: Christopher Monsanto
Subject: Re: replacing process sentinels and filters with hooks
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 11:20:32 -0400

I don't have a good answer for that, as I have no idea (yet) how the
existing sentinel interface handles the signals. My plan was to just
translate the old sentinel messages as follows:

"finished\n" --> (exit 0)
"exited abnormally with code exitcode\n" --> (exit nonzero-exitcode)
"name-of-signal\n" --> (signal code-for-name-of-signal nil)
"name-of-signal (core dumped)\n" -> (signal code-for-name-of-signal t)

Christopher Monsanto
address@hidden  --  http://monsan.to/