Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 13:31:53 -0800

On 12/19/11 10:18, Jan Djärv wrote:
> I get a lot of "will never be executed" for the macro SELECTED_FRAME:

I don't observe this problem on Fedora 15 with GCC 4.6.2,
when Emacs (trunk bzr 106703) is configured with "configure --with-ns".

It could be Fedora, but possibly it's because you're using
an older version of GCC.  The flags I gave you are for GCC 4.6.2
or later; older GCCs will sometimes screw up and issue bogus warnings.
I suggest trying again with GCC 4.6.2 (or even GCC 4.7) if you
aren't already doing that.

Another possibility is to tune the flags for an older GCC,
but typically older GCCs don't do as good a job of static
checking even when the compiler flags are tuned for them.