Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:53:25 +0100

Carsten Mattner skrev 2011-12-19 12:00:
2011/12/19 René Kyllingstad<address@hidden>:
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 01:22, Paul Eggert<address@hidden>  wrote:

On 12/16/11 13:11, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I don't know enough about the NS build and the code in nsselect.m to
reason why this could happen.

A few weeks ago I looked into doing static checking for the
NS build and found so many errors that I ran away.  Some of
the errors may have been false alarms, but the first couple that
I looked at seemed real.  The NS build needs a lot of work
(by someone who knows what they're doing) before it'd be
anything I'd want my daughter to use, if I had a daughter.

You could of course check in the Mac port, and just forget the NS port ever
happened :)

Care to explain? I have no idea what the difference is.
Is it a Cocoa only and therefore no-Gnustep frontend?

What's holding up adding it at least as an additional frontend if
it's that much better and presumably tested?

AFAIK, the Mac port uses Carbon, and is based om Emacs 23, i.e. no Emacs 24 features (like multitty).

        Jan D.