Re: Isearch should store aborted search strings too

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Isearch should store aborted search strings too
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 11:00:32 +0900

I forget the exact details, but XEmacs stores some fraction (maybe
100%, as I say, I forget the details) of the successful portion of
aborted searches.  I miss this when I use Emacs.

On the other hand, it's really not good enough.  XEmacs doesn't permit
editing of the searched string once it's been recalled with C-s C-s,
and I find that such aborted strings often want variation for the next
such search, much more often than with search-and-stay-where-found
operations.  (If Emacs already permits editing of the recalled string,
then I would consider that a big improvement over our style, and give
a "big +1" to the proposed change.)