Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:22:04 -0400

> There can be no memory leak on the Lisp side.  Any leaks are always
> bugs in Emacs, not in any Lisp code that it runs.

That's not quite true: indeed in a GC'd language, there cannot be leaks
in the C sense of "objects still allocated while we don't even have
a reference to them any more".  But leaks in the sense of "objects still
kept around even know we will never ever use them again" can
still happen.

        Stefan

PS: BTW, since you use erlang-mode: could you get someone from the
    erlang-mode developers to contact me in order to include it in Emacs
    (I've tried several times but got no answer).