Re: Git mirrors

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 18:05:10 -0400

On Oct 6, 2011, at 5:16 PM, chad wrote:

> Of course, if we ever decided to include a bzr revno/etc in the
> environment, that could also help.

Excellent, constructive idea!

On Oct 6, 2011, at 4:50 PM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

>  Or failing that, keep the
> mirrors up-to-date.  Is it so impossible to set up an automatic bzr->git
> gateway?  One that polls and pushes, say, every ten minutes?

That would be very much appreciated.
Perhaps the person doing the updates could elaborate whether manual
interventions are needed.

On Oct 6, 2011, at 5:58 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

> Not really that hard?  Let's put it this way: If Bazaar were the _only_ way I
> could follow Emacs development and contribute back code, I'd simply stop doing
> so and pay attention only to releases from now on.

+1

I would contribute more to the NS port rather then making armchair comments on
this mailing list if it could be done with my tool of choice.
The NS port would have a fullscreen mode by now, for example, with correct
frame-parameter integration.  (We've had it in Aquamacs for a long time!)