Re: secure plist store

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: secure plist store
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:59:10 +0900

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> I would appreciate it if you were more specific about "does not work" by
> either filing a bug or explaining.  Obviously it works for me and Lars,
> who tested it.  Similarly, since you wrote EPA/EPG, your advice on
> reducing complexity when we use it is greatly appreciated but you don't
> give us any here.

I have too many minor comments to list here, but at least duplicate code
regarding stashfile should be simplified by supplying a custom
passphrase-callback and calling epg-{encrypt,decrypt}-string.  Currently
it's really hard to understand what the code does.

> DU> I don't want to see that the Gnus password-caching feature becomes
> DU> harder and harder to use daily...
>
> I don't think we've done anything that makes it harder to use.  The GPG
> token functionality is off by default right now.

Yes, and I hope that it won't be on by default.

> So it's not line-based.  I think that's a minus: people expect to be
> able to copy a line out of the netrc file, and it makes managing such
> files easier.

I think typical users don't want to edit the auto-saved passwords file
itself, as long as it saves their passwords and serves it to services as
needed.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno