Re: face for non-ASCII characters

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: face for non-ASCII characters
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:14:01 -0500

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 20:42:08 +0200 Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

LB> You are maybe misunderstanding part of this. For me the transition is
LB> the problem (and maybe the current lack of dynamic loading of
LB> libraries from ELPA).

I'm not sure what you mean about dynamic loading.  Package installation
from the GNU ELPA (and ELPA in general) is static: you install what you
want synchronously, there is no "auto-install this when I need it"
functionality.  Do you mean this is an issue?

LB> I do agree with you where markchars.el should be in the end. It
LB> should be in ELPA or Emacs. It is the road we have to think about.

OK, as I understand it you also want to be able to offer markchars.el to
users as a separate feature independent of nXhtml.  We agree.

As I said markchars.el can be simply mirrored into the GNU ELPA nightly
from the nXhtml repository.  Is that the road you're referring to?  Or
does something else about the mirroring worry you?  How would you like
to tell users to install it, if my proposal is not OK for some reason?

Thanks
Ted