Re: Making gnulib imports build on Windows

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Making gnulib imports build on Windows
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:58:20 +0100

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Sam Steingold <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have made this suggestion in the past and I know that Eli does not
> like it. However, I am making it again here so that in a few years, when
> Eli inevitably sees the light and relents, I can say "I told you so"
> (provided I am still around :-).

One way to convince Eli might be to actually try it out and show the
solution. But I am not entirely sure you will survive long enough to
succeed with finding the solution... - it might include more work than
you expect, trying to fix some bugs here and some bugs there. And
convincing those responsible for the tools to include your changes so
that everything is stable (you might get the message they do not care
that much about w32 to change anything...).

But it would good if you did succeed.