Re: Making gnulib imports build on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Making gnulib imports build on Windows
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 06:04:46 +0200

> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:48:28 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> On 01/26/11 11:29, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >   2) Have a maintainer-only rule to produce getopt.h for Windows (by
> >      using Sed).
>
> Yes, that sounds like the best approach to me as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

> I expect this sort of thing can be useful for other tasks needed for
> an MS-DOS build.

I wasn't talking about the MS-DOS build (which already uses Sed and
the original Makefile.in files, so there's no issues in that case).  I
was talking about the MS-Windows build, which has its own
makefile.w32-in templates.  The issue is what to put in
makefile.w32-in that does the equivalent of editing of *.in.h files.