Re: display-buffer-reuse-frames default to t

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: display-buffer-reuse-frames default to t
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:15:20 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Hi!

> Any objection to defaulting display-buffer-reuse-frames to t?

I used that a while ago (or the ido-variable that does the same) and was
not satisfied, because it frequently occured that the buffer to be
displayed was in an iconified frame, or on a TTY linux console frame, or
in a frame on another desktop/workspace, or, with newer KDEs, it might
be in another activity...

So as long as it cannot be guaranteed that the buffer really becomes
visible for a user, I'd vote against it.

Bye,
Tassilo