Re: Custom themes

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Custom themes
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:47:42 +0200

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 17:53, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> Another alternative is to put the theme files in etc/, but that's not
> good either, since Lisp files ought to go in lisp/.  De-synching the
> themes path from load-path also makes it more difficult for us to
> provide themes via a package.

Still, IMO is the best option. It seems silly to look for theme files
in all the load path when it looks likely that many people will have
them (and prefer them) in their own directories. They are lisp, but
I'd bet most people will think of them as customization, not programs.

I think we should decouple the themes from the load path and provide a
themes-load-path (...whatever the name..) variable.

    Juanma