Re: binding ibuffer to C-x C-b by default

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: binding ibuffer to C-x C-b by default
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 05:16:54 +0200

[snip]

> Putting the cursor somewhere near what I'm looking for sort of focuses
> me on what I'm looking for, and in a buffer like the buffer view buffer
> it's more relevant than most.  "Which of the four epa-related buffers was
> it that I saw that function I vaguely remember looking at?"

I see. On most read-only modes the user can move the cursor to anywhere
on the buffer. Ibuffer is different here. It places the cursor on the
leftmost column and can be difficult to see which file corresponds to
the current line. This can be solved by highlighting the current line,
but allowing arbitrary cursor movement seems reasonable too.

[snip]