RE: binding ibuffer to C-x C-b by default

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: binding ibuffer to C-x C-b by default
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:57:03 -0700

> Yeah and you're the one who complained so endlessly
> (and voluminously) the last time, so it's no surprise
> you're against (the fact that you're also flogging your
> personal extensions to list-buffers is a new one though).

Are you sure?  Point us to the thread, please.  I don't decide things here, and
I doubt that my arguments, voluminous or not, made much difference to the
decision not to change the binding.  Very unlikely.

Seriously, tell us - what's new about this?  If the decision before (by Richard,
IIRC) was to keep the `C-x C-b' binding as it was, what has changed since then?
Is ibuffer a lot better now than it was?  Is buffer menu a lot worse now than it
was?

> But switching to ibuffer is the right thing.  Enough with the
> idiotic bike-shedding. [yeah I know, this is emacs-devel,
> bike-shedding central...but man does it get tiring sometimes...]

No one is bikeshedding about this, that I can see.  And no one has been
name-calling until your rant above.  Please don't be so dismissive.  No one here
is idiotic or deserves to be treated as such.