Re: dired-jump keybinding and autoload

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: dired-jump keybinding and autoload
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 20:47:05 +0200

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

>> See (info "(elisp) Key Binding Conventions"). I might be wrong since
>> that page does not mention C-x, but I think it should.
>> I have assumed that C-x is not mentioned because it is reserved for
>> Emacs. If not, then it should be mentioned on that info page to
>> clarify things.
>
> I do not believe that C-x is "reserved for Emacs".
> Nor should it be.

So you answer boils down to this.

Let us clear this out. I think C-x should be mentioned and that it is
normally reserved for Emacs use (including cua-mode of course). You
think the opposite.

Whether it is reserved or not I think the status of it should be mentioned.

Chong, Stefan, what are your opinions?