Re: dired-jump keybinding and autoload

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: dired-jump keybinding and autoload
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 18:50:43 +0200

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > Jabber.el uses this binding as a prefix key.
>>
>> That's is the reason why I have a doubt about moving it out
>> of dired-x. Maybe for dired-jump we should find a new
>> keybinding not used by other packages?
>
> Which "other packages"? Any and all that exist now or might ever be created?
>
> Jabber.el is not part of the Emacs distribution, AFAICT.
>
> If, as you say, there is no code distributed with Emacs that uses `C-x C-j',

More important: C-x C-j is reserved for Emacs internal use if I
understand it correctly.

See (info "(elisp) Key Binding Conventions"). I might be wrong since
that page does not mention C-x, but I think it should.

That C-x today happens to be a bad choice (because of CUA) is another
thing. I definitively does not get better if 3rd party libraries
starts using it too.