Re: Window configurations

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:32:08 +0200

martin rudalics wrote:
 > If is no necessary to save windows. You'd just use the same configuration
 > to show the same buffers, i.e. throw them at "display-buffer" which calls
 > into your window manager which will create windows in the same place as
before
 > by definition, because to do this is the whole point of it:   To make sure
 > that same (class of) content is presented to the user in the same trusty
 > topological position always.

`display-buffer' is completely untrustworthy in this regard.  The
trustworthy primitives to do what you mean are `split-window' and
`set-window-buffer'.

No.  Sometimes I write what I mean and obviously the "display-buffer"
function that calls into an emacs window manager has to be different
from the one that we already know.

--- grischka