Re: Sending attachments

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:30:55 -0500

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:27:46 -0400 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Pulling code out of Gnus has the downside that it then needs to be
>> inside Emacs, but XEmacs may not have it.

SM> Don't worry about this part: the changes (supposedly) needed don't
SM> intend to remove any code, just better modularize it (e.g. so that
SM> message-mode can be self-standing without importing (transitively)
SM> gnus-*.el packages).

As long as we're talking about changes local to the Gnus project (not
pulling things out to Emacs itself) I think this is reasonable.  If,
however, we plan to pull libraries out to Emacs, as I think some of the
comments are suggesting, we need to ensure it will not break XEmacs
compatibility.  Thanks for the clarification.

Ted