Re: Terminology in multi-tty primitives

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Terminology in multi-tty primitives
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:05:58 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:22:44 -0500
>
> > By the way, why does it need the conditional that tests window-system?
> > Should the proper handling of window-system be built into `make-frame'
> > instead?  If it is needed for all frame creation on MSDOG, putting it
> > in `make-frame' is best because that way it only needs to be done once
> > and callers are all simpler.
>
> My thought exactly,

Could you two please explain the details of your thoughts?

The original make-frame-on-tty, before I added the `pc' condition, did
this:

    (make-frame `((window-system . nil) (tty . ,tty) (tty-type . ,type) .
,parameters))))

Now, what do you want to change exactly, and which part do you want to
move to make-frame?