Re: Switching to bzr: what remains to be done?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Switching to bzr: what remains to be done?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:59:50 -0500

Progress report on the 4 bugs we've highlighted as blockers:

   1) 'bzr log' only takes a single file argument
       (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/211852)

       Developer vila has commented in the bug, but there is no
       timeline to fix it.  I'm asking vila whether he plans to.

   2) 'bzr log SUBDIR' doesn't show all changes under SUBDIR
       (https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/97715)

       Developer abentley has commented that this is hard (at least,
       that's how I interpret "This isn't really practical without
       changes to the inventory format.")  Is this one definitely a
       blocker for us, or just a nice-to-have?

   3) 'bzr status -v -S NON_EXISTENT VERSIONED_1 VERSIONED_2' fails
       (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/306394)

       I'm working on this; see the ticket for details.

   4) 'bzr diff' headers should show the version
       (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/130588)

       I'm planning to work on this, after #306394.
       If no one beats me to it :-).

       Note that the ticket starts off being about a slightly different
       thing (showing the command-line in the diff header), but then
       Stefan's comment points out that revision information should be
       included too.  That's actually the more important of the two,
       from our point of view, I think.

Other than those, is anything (besides one-time conversion issues)
preventing us from switching to bzr?

For reference (since the mailing list software doesn't add archive URLs
to the headers, oh well), this whole thread is:

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-12/threads.html#00326

-Karl