Re: Undo-limit default

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Undo-limit default
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 14:02:27 +0100

> A user reported bug#1501 after inadvertently encountering the undo
> limit.  The default is 20kb.  Does anyone on this list find this too
> low, considering how much memory computers possess these days?

For some years I use

 '(undo-limit 200000)
 '(undo-outer-limit 300000)
 '(undo-strong-limit 300000)

but I don't understand why we keep font-lock assigned properties (in
particular the completely useless 'fontified property) on the undo-list.
Here these usually account for more than 90% of all entries.

martin