Re: Scrollbars on GTK.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Scrollbars on GTK.
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 06:32:31 -0500

> It is not a limitation per se, but it has been descided that Emacs shall
> have the ability to scroll end of buffer to the top of the window with the
> scroll bar.  That means tha Emacs differs from practically all apps, GTK
> or not.

Actually, this is only indirectly related to the problem at hand.
We could "easily" prevent scrolling past the "EOB=EOW", but that
wouldn't help fixing the problem at hand.

>> Is this problem present in all the other X toolkits supported by Emacs?
> More or less.  I think the native scroll bar handles this best.

The Xaw toolkit works just fine with it.  The Xaw3d is somewhat
incompatible, but recent versions can be made to work well as well.

        Stefan