RE: question about `quit-char'

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: question about `quit-char'
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:51:55 -0700

>  > I thought I was asking a general, release-independent
>  > question. What am I missing?
>
> An explanation of the semantics of the function you are binding.
> Whether you "want" to bind to the quit character or to C-g depends on
> whether or not the function has the semantics of quitting.

Totally irrelevant. What command I want to bind the key/char to and why, and
what that command does, are all irrelevant to the question I raised. Which has
already been answered, BTW.

I asked a question about binding a command to the quit character, whatever it
might be, instead of assuming that the quit character is C-g. That's all.

What kind of "quitting" I might want the key to accomplish - or even whether its
action is "quitting" in any sense or blowing up balloons or painting fractal
coloring books, is irrelevant.