Re: question about `quit-char'

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: question about `quit-char'
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 21:01:05 +0200

Chong Yidong wrote:
> "Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> C'mon guys, you've changed the thread.
>>
>> My question is about whether I should be binding the quit character or `C-g',
>> and if the former, what the best way to do that is. Is the way I mentioned a
>> good one?
>
> Just bind to C-g:
>
>   (define-key map "\C-g" 'foo-bar)
>
> We do this all over the lisp/ tree anyway, and this isn't going to
> change before the release.

Wouldn't it be better for Drew to write a function using his own recipe
and use that? Then it would still work if the whole quit-char thing will
be implemented later.

(The crucial difference relative to your view is that Drew distribute
his libraries separately from Emacs and I believe he wants them to work
in both new and old versions of Emacs. If not there will be a lot of
extra trouble for him and the users of his libraries.)