Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croati

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croatian-*, slov*, czech-* etc.) input methods
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 03:27:45 +0300

>> and ~5000 other rules for many Unicode characters.
>>
>> Do you know a better method to input Unicode characters?
>
> rfc1345 isn't too bad.  It also uses mnemonics to a degree (though they
> are often kind of weird), and has pretty good coverage.

I see rfc1345 is criticized and deprecated in favor of a new standard
REPERTOIREMAP from ISO/IEC FCD 14652.  Its symbolic names are quite
widespread already.  Maybe we should implement a new input method based
on its symbolic names too?  I can't find an existing Emacs implementation.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/