Re: proced.el -- operate on processes like dired

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: proced.el -- operate on processes like dired
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:02:27 -0400

>> I'm sending mail about proced to emacs-devel because it sounds like a
>> good feature to add to Emacs.

> I appreciate any feedback and suggestions for improvements
> (including the ugly completing-read in proced-send-signal).

> Also, I'll be happy to see that proced becomes part of emacs.

It sounds like a useful addition (although I'd have expected it to
derive from list-buffers (or ibuffer) rather than from dired).

> I do not know much about CVS beyond checking in and checking out
> existing files.  If someone can put proced.el into the emacs
> repository, I can proceed from there.

Since you've already have the necessary copyright paperwork on file, you
just need to place your file in .../emacs/lisp/proced.el and then do:

     cvs add lisp/proced.el
     ...edit lisp/ChangeLog...
     cvs commit -m "proced.el: New file."

-- Stefan