Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:21:00 +0100

martin rudalics wrote:
 >  > To see this, maximize a window and do
 >  >
 >  > (let ((window-min-height 1)) (split-window-vertically 2))
 >  >
 >  > Then make this window normal size and see what happens.

This doesn't show anything.  `window-min-height' can have any value when
the "make this window normal size" happens.  Unfortunately, doing

You mean it happens async?

(progn
  (setq window-min-height 1)
  (split-window nil 2))

in a maximized frame with one window and subsequently demaximizing the
frame gets me an upper window with one line and without a modeline which
clearly _is_ a bug.  Maybe that's even the bug you've seen.

Maybe, but in that case I have seen another one too. The layout when I first saw this was:

xxxxxxxxx
x   x   x
x   x   x
x   x   x
xxxxxxxxx
x       x
xxxxxxxxx

Three windows. The bottom 1-line window disappeared. (This was in ediff with the control panel in the same frame.)