font related problems

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: font related problems
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 22:10:32 +0900

As it seems that the currently reported font related
problems are difficult to solve while keeping
non-font-backend codes, I started the work of making Emacs
use only font-backend codes.  It will take some time and I
won't be able to respond to each bug-report related to font
selection quickly, but please go on reporting new problems
you notice.  I keep them as test suites for the new codes.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden