Re: PATCH to add euro symbol to French-{postfix, alt-postfix, prefix} in

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: PATCH to add euro symbol to French-{postfix, alt-postfix, prefix} input methods
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:09:57 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> They're "french" and "italian" input methods; I don't see any inherent
>> connection with latin1
>
> Then what does the following excerpt from latin-1lt.el mean?
>
>     (quail-define-package
>      "italian-alt-postfix" "Latin-1" "IT<" t

Actually I was wrong about the input methods to which the patch applies
(I mis-counted line numbers):  it only changes various french input
methods which are all in the "French" language, not the "Latin-1"
language.

[To be honest, the Latin-1 "language" seems to be a pretty dubious idea
in the first place... perhaps that's something that should be revisited.]

-Miles

--
Christian, n. One who follows the teachings of Christ so long as they are not
inconsistent with a life of sin.