Re: PATCH to add euro symbol to French-{postfix, alt-postfix, prefix} in

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: PATCH to add euro symbol to French-{postfix, alt-postfix, prefix} input methods
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:02:07 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> > Can anyone who uses quail shed light on this proposed patch?  Would it
>> > be of any use?
>>
>> It seems clearly useful -- people do, after all, use the euro in France!
>
> Yes, but the input methods that are suggested for modification are for
> Latin-1, which AFAIK does not support the euro character.  Am I
> missing something?

They're "french" and "italian" input methods; I don't see any inherent
connection with latin1 (at least the quail input-method definition
doesn't make any mention of coding systems).

[Indeed, if the patch submitter is the same guy I talked with on IRC, he
explicitly didn't want to use the generic latin-foo input methods
because they define too many useless bindings, he just wanted french
chars, plus euro.]

-Miles

--
Youth, n. The Period of Possibility, when Archimedes finds a fulcrum,
Cassandra has a following and seven cities compete for the honor of endowing a