Re: legal status of progmodes/sym-comp.el

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: legal status of progmodes/sym-comp.el
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:37:45 -0500

Dave Love wrote:

> It would be better if contributions weren't rejected and then either
> used or reimplemented by someone else years later, or broken randomly,
> or just left to linger in CVS for years without even accepting bug
> reports/fixes from people who wrote them.

rms actively wants your python.el fixes. I know of no reason why you
shouldn't just be maintaining python.el in CVS yourself, unless you
don't want to.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-02/msg00841.html

    From:   Richard Stallman
    Subject:        python.el fixes for Emacs 22
    Date:           Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:34:49 -0500

    I asked Dave to send a diff and a change log, as a good
    contributor should, but he did not respond. I think that the
    changes are important enough that we should do the extra work to
    install them anyway.