Re: python.el fixes for Emacs 22

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: python.el fixes for Emacs 22
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:49:01 -0500

> Maybe we should try to do the same thing you're doing with allout, et all.
> Maintain it separately and sync it to the Emacs repo occasionally?

Having it outside Emacs's own repository is fine.  The only thing that
matters is that the 2 branches stay in close sync: some people may
commit changes directly to the Emacs repository, so you have to watch
out for it, make sure that those changes don't get lost (or do get
properly rejected/rewritten/fixed if there's a problem with it).

        Stefan