Re: python.el fixes for Emacs 22

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: python.el fixes for Emacs 22
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:22:33 +1300

 > the way you've implemented it, you put the comint hook only in the
 > python-shell.  the thing is, python programs aren't only run from
 > python-shell.  in fact, many python programs and servers are usually
 > launched as regular commands, from bash shells.  in python-mode.el,
 > pdb tracking is hooked into all comint shells, and i would like to see
 > that same thing in the python.el version.

Sure.  The implementation probably just reveals my ignorance.  It was a while
ago and I can't even really remember what I did.  I just wanted to get things
moving then and it looks like there's more momentum now.

It's probably best for you to make changes now.  You might even prefer to start
over and use python-mode.el as a starting point.