Re: python.el fixes for Emacs 22

From: Leo
Subject: Re: python.el fixes for Emacs 22
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:08:23 +0000

On 2008-02-15 00:01 +0000, Nick Roberts wrote:
>  > >     Maybe most users are using the python-mode.el that is not included in
>  > >     Emacs. It seems to have more features than the default python.el.
>
> This appears to be just speculation.

That's why I started the sentence with 'maybe'.

>  > > Have we looked at installing python-mode.el in Emacs?
>  > > If so, what conclusion did we reach?
>  >
>  > Not in the last 2 years.
>
> Assuming we're talking about python-mode.el as used by XEmacs, I don't know
> how
> you reached this conclusion as we tried to get signatures for pdbtrack
> under 18 months ago:

I hope we agree that 'Get signatures and discuss' is not the same thing.

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-09/msg01082.html
>
>  > >
>  > > If not, let's look at it now (not for 22.2).
>  > >

> Apart from Ken Manheimer, I have the impression that the developers of
> python-mode.el have a preference towards XEmacs and aren't interested in
> assigning copyright to FSF.

This is true. It is probably not worth the trouble, particularly there
are tons of python editors that are far superior than Emacs. To name
one, SciTE.

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

          Use the best OS -- http://www.fedoraproject.org/