Re: emacs bootstrap hangs on Windows XP / mingw

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs bootstrap hangs on Windows XP / mingw
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 06:16:40 +0200

> From: Dieter Deyke <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:47:50 -0700
>
> I did build the CVS version of emacs every week for at least a year with
> the same setup, and never had any problems before. The last good build
> was 1/25/2008, the build last Friday was the first to fail. I think that
> this was just after the Unicode merge.

I have no idea what could have causing this, or how to debug this
without being able to run the failing command under GDB.  Can you
start the failing Emacs invocation from GDB?

> I also have cugwin installed, but it should be later in the PATH, and
> therefore not be used for the emacs build.

Perhaps remove it from the PATH, and see if that changes anything.

> BTW, I have the same setup on 2 machines, and they both fails at the
> same place.

Which suggests that something in your setup triggers this, but what?

Do you have some antivirus installed?  If so, how about if you disable
it and see if that helps?