Re: emacsclient bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacsclient bug
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:44:28 -0500

      > Of course, if your Emacs server has both X11 and tty frames, then "-c"
      > will arbitrarily open either a tty frame or an X11 frame depending on
      > which frame happens to be selected when the emacsclient connects to it.

    Given that, taking into account the current frame when emacsclient
    connects does not seem like a good idea.

I disagree.  I think that what -c does is the right default.
It says "make a new frame".  Making it on the same terminal
is clearly the best default.

You can specify additional options to say where the new frame should go.