Re: recenter-top-bottom

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: recenter-top-bottom
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:59:45 -0500

    1. The current window line determines the destination: If within the top
    third, move to window bottom. If within the middle third, move to top. If
    within the bottom third, move to center.

That is clever, but it has the bad effect of altering the behavior
of a single C-l.  The virtue of your previous idea is that it
only alters the effect of repeated C-l.

So I think your first suggestion is better, and I am still thinking
of maybe installing it.

If people are very enthusiastic about your second suggestion,
I will say yes to it.