Re: 23.0.50; vc-diff needs CVS repository now

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; vc-diff needs CVS repository now
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:18:12 -0500

Nick Roberts <address@hidden>:
>  > This is one of my two remaining to-do items for the mode.
>
> Perhaps you could share the other to-do item with us so that we know what
> else doesn't work.

The only other one is a minor item concerning what X-v = does when called
on a buffer visiting a file not under version control, but in a directory
which does have one or more responsible backends.  RMS and Stefan have
a theory about how they want this to work, but I am still not certain
the theory is sound.  I need to take a hard look at this.