Re: Directory doc/gnus in Emacs CVS

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Directory doc/gnus in Emacs CVS
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:33:00 -0700

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> For the record some explanations about these files:
>
>   - gnus*.el are (parts of) core Gnus manuals.
>
>   - Message:(message).         Composing messages.
>   - Emacs-MIME:(emacs-mime).   Composing messages; MIME-specific parts.
>
>   Both are supposed to be independent from Gnus.  Alas it they are not
>   anymore.  emacs-mime is also used by MH-E.  AFAICS, the MH-E manual
>   describes the relevant MH-E specific stuff  and has some references to
>   the emacs-mime and Gnus manual.

Yes, we (MH-E) have some cross-references as you describe. What is the
effect on our cross-references of putting these manuals in a gnus
sub-directory? Would the cross-references still work in both Emacs
22.2 and pre-Emacs 22.2 environments?

Sorry for the long delay, but work and summer activities have kept me away.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD