Re: doc-view.el: about cursor and filename display

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: doc-view.el: about cursor and filename display
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:19:59 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> You could also indicate in the mode line that the process is
>>> running.
>>
>> doc-view indicates with a message and in the tooltip that conversion
>> hasn't finished yet.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what kind of message, when it's displayed,
> and where's the tooltip,

While conversion there's a message

  Page 12 of 123. (still converting...)

below the already displayed image to indicate, that the document has
more than 123 pages, but only 123 pages have been converted so far.

> but Richard is talking about using `mode-line-process', which is a
> standard feature and would make a lot of sense here.  A quick grep for
> it will show you how it's commonly used.

Ah, ok.  I didn't know about it and I'll have a look at its usage and
implement that feature.

Bye,
Tassilo